Welcome to the Indiana Suicide Prevention Network (ISPN) and the Indiana Suicide Prevention Network Advisory Council (ISPNAC).
The Indiana Suicide Prevention Network (ISPN) and the Indiana Suicide Prevention Network Advisory Council (ISPNAC) are comprised of members from the public and private sector, as well as numerous state agencies, who collaborate on suicide prevention efforts.
Our mission statement
- We are a statewide community working to prevent suicide by advancing the conversation, eliminating stigma, and building hope.
Our vision statement
- We will live in a state in which people no longer die by suicide.
Why we advocate suicide prevention across Indiana
- Suicide is a significant but largely preventable public health issue.
- Promoting mental wellness throughout a lifetime is the key to preventing suicide.
- Suicide can affect everyone, and its prevention requires a culturally diverse approach.
- Talking openly and raising awareness is essential to eliminating the stigma and shame of suicide.
- Using evidence based and best practices is critical to building everyone’s confidence and competence in suicide prevention.
- Suicide prevention is everyone’s business, therefore, we support individual, local, community, and statewide efforts.
How we work to advance suicide prevention
- Improve knowledge
- Improve practice
- Improve public understanding
- Improve public policy
- Create and facilitate state of Indiana's suicide prevention framework
- Plan and host the annual Indiana Suicide Prevention Conference
The Indiana Suicide Prevention Network (ISPN) is a subsidiary of Mental Health America of Indiana. Here is a list of our current member organizations and agencies:
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention-Indiana Chapter
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention-Ball State University
- Bloomington Meadows Hospital
- Brentwood Springs
- Cass County Zero Suicide Task Force
- Chaucie’s Place
- Community Health Network
- Deaconess Cross Pointe
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Indiana
- Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction
- East Central Indiana Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Eskenazi Health / Midtown Mental Health
- Families First
- Four County Counseling Center
- Geminus Corporation
- Hamilton Center
- Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Indiana Department of Education
- Indiana Hospital Association
- Indiana Minority Health Coalition
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Indiana Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Indiana Youth Group
- IPFW Behavioral Health and Family Studies Institute IU School of Informatics and Computing
- Lutheran Foundation
- Marion County Commission on Youth
- Marion County Public Health Department
- Mental Health America of Indiana
- Military Family Research Institute at Purdue University NAMI Indiana
- Northwest Indiana Suicide Prevention Council Porter- Starke Services
- Southwest Indiana Suicide Prevention Coalition Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare
- STOP Suicide Northeast Indiana
- Survivors of Suicide of Dubois County
- Veterans Health Administration